Members meet, Pics...56k warning!

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

_Will_
Level 5.5
Level 5.5

Postby _Will_ » Tue May 29, 2012 7:42 pm

I took off around 10, if their picture are posted chronologically I'm guessing you two were rotating around 1 . Good to know there are some other board members on the mountain ether way. I need to post up more when I'm heading out, it's often last minute but you never know. We need more board meets, it's getting to be the right season. I'll probably be there tomorrow morning if I'm not working, supposed to be in the 60's around 8am and the recent rain will make for a grippy road.

And I'm jealous of your suits, I'm in school as well (for education) and haven't found the budget for one yet. I'm a difficult fit to make matters worse

BMiller
Honorary MOD
Honorary MOD

Re: Members meet, Pics...56k warning!

Postby BMiller » Tue May 29, 2012 7:46 pm

_Will_ wrote:I took off around 10, if their picture are posted chronologically I'm guessing you two were rotating around 1 . Good to know there are some other board members on the mountain ether way. I need to post up more when I'm heading out, it's often last minute but you never know. We need more board meets, it's getting to be the right season. I'll probably be there tomorrow morning if I'm not working, supposed to be in the 60's around 8am and the recent rain will make for a grippy road.

And I'm jealous of your suits, I'm in school as well (for education) and haven't found the budget for one yet. I'm a difficult fit to make matters worse

We were actually got onto the mountain around 12:20ish after lunch, so yeah it was close to 1 when we got to were that guy was. I live up in East TN 2.5 hours from Deals Gap.....so even farther from there. Rob is not that far away, but that was his first venture out like that as he usually just does area riding. I ride a lot of US421 and US91 locally to me.

I'm actually thinking of selling my suit and buying one that fits me better. How tall are you?

_Will_
Level 5.5
Level 5.5

Postby _Will_ » Tue May 29, 2012 7:59 pm

It takes me about 2.5 hours or so to get to Deal's Gap and I can be on top of blood mountain in under an hour. Coming from Tampa it's spoiled me and there was a real learning curve I'm happy to have behind me.

I'm 6'5" and 260, I'm doubtful but let me know. Some extra protection couldn't hurt

BMiller
Honorary MOD
Honorary MOD

Postby BMiller » Tue May 29, 2012 8:03 pm

_Will_ wrote:It takes me about 2.5 hours or so to get to Deal's Gap and I can be on top of blood mountain in under an hour. Coming from Tampa it's spoiled me and there was a real learning curve I'm happy to have behind me.

I'm 6'5" and 260, I'm doubtful but let me know. Some extra protection couldn't hurt

Yeah man, I'm 5'11" and I'm pretty sure this would work for anyone in the 5'9"-5'11" range. I'm still torn, if I sell it I HAVE to get another.....this one is paid for and damage free. BTW, I'll be in Deal's Gap in 2 weekends if you want to meet up. If you want details shoot me your number through a PM and I'll catch you up on what's going on. :cheers:

tomsljr
Site Newbie

Postby tomsljr » Wed May 30, 2012 8:06 pm

and not us but a 90 FZR600, an F2, a GSXR750, and an FZR400 from back in 91, they'll all over the lines but you'll notice they don't do it around the blind corners. That 400 was impressive

That video was shot back when there were about 15 cars a day on the road. I know the guy who shot that video. And the guy on the 400? I rode with him up there Monday night. He's on a GSXR 1000 now and very fast. But he did win a national endurance championship on the 400 you see in the video. I am taking him an extra transmission I have so he can get that old Fizzer back on the road. I need him to get it fixed, I need a playmate.
1990 FZR400 with some mods

_Will_
Level 5.5
Level 5.5

Postby _Will_ » Wed May 30, 2012 8:12 pm

that's pretty cool that all these years later the same people are still riding the area and by now I'd hope he was super quick

and a pair of fzr 400's roaming deals gap would be such a win

kilika2
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Postby kilika2 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:05 pm

I recently had some training to do in St Louis, and Darrin, ragedigital, was nice enough to come over and meet me. He introduced me to a place called Bandana's. Don't ask why there are no FZRs in the picture. :headscratch: :whistle

Chris.
ImageImageImage
Before(5/5/09)_____________After(5/5/10)_____________Way After(8/1/10)

1995 FZR600 Sold :-(
2006 R1 Sold :-\
2009 Buell 1125R :-)

Return to “Videos & Pictures”