Fzr/yzf hybrid Finally out for a ride. Help with dog boness

Got a Yamazuki or a Yamonda? This section is for those who are a little more creative...

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

gussy
Site Newbie

Fzr/yzf hybrid Finally out for a ride. Help with dog boness

Postby gussy » Mon May 02, 2011 12:36 pm

Good morning everyone . I'm needing some help with the right height on my custom Fzr  400 hybrid . I finally got my baby on the road. I cut things to close and hadn't even left myself enough time to do a test ride. I just finished fastening the fairings and putting on new signals when one of my best buddies from high school showed up for our trip. I rode from Vancouver to Portland this was a six hour ride with the intention of making it all the way to California. Thank you Every one for your check lists and spending the time to put the information for these fzr's. I now have the YZF swing arm conversion with the 17 inch wheel and installed the 08 r6 six shock. I am a short guy only 5'6" tall and The 400 is all ready a low height motorcycle. My knees were killing me the bike is riding way too low. Could somebody help me out and let me know which dog bones would bring my bike back to proper right height with the r6 shock and Yzf swing/wheel conversion.
I also noticed with the R6 shock the bike rides quite stiff, I tried adjusting the rebound and compression settings and made it worse. It was like riding a 2 x 4 beam. Could somebody please give me some tips on how to properly adjust the shock for a softer ride on the highway. Thanks again guys. Looking forward to hearing from you and when I have a little more time, I promise to post some pics and answer any questions for anything that has come up for me.
Cheers Gus

haunter
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Re: Fzr/yzf hybrid Finally out for a ride. Help with dog bo

Postby haunter » Mon May 02, 2011 2:07 pm

138mm are what brings it back to stock I beleive

I have a pair on my workbench, 40 shipped priority mail is what I was selling them at I think

gussy
Site Newbie

Re: Fzr/yzf hybrid Finally out for a ride. Help with dog bo

Postby gussy » Fri May 06, 2011 4:02 pm

Hey haunter
Sent you a pm
I'm interested in those dogbones
Cheers gus

Return to “Hybrid Sportbike”