My YZF750R

Moderator: FZR Forum Moderators

cad600
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Re: My YZF750R

Postby cad600 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:02 pm

Ah, come one now. You can do the same thing. All you got to do is be willing to sleep in the dog house for a few weeks till the wife gets over the purchase. LOL
Yes, that is a Single Sided Swingarm FZR600 that I built.

Something is lurking, waiting, wanting to be built......It calls to me from the darkness....

I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel....Then I realize that it is the train coming to run my ass over....

chefen2006
Level 3.5
Level 3.5

Postby chefen2006 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:28 am

OHH.............AGHH..mm.......IIGHPM...
I
WANT
THIS
TOO
. :yikes: :notworthy:

Nick Howe
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Postby Nick Howe » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:57 am

Those Ohlins are amazing :notworthy: soooo tempting..... but I have to be a nagger and say "why not racetech?" it would be just as good, but not as gold.....
There are no small days.

cad600
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Postby cad600 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:02 am

Nick Howe wrote:Those Ohlins are amazing :notworthy: soooo tempting..... but I have to be a nagger and say "why not racetech?" it would be just as good, but not as gold.....

Simply because they are Ohlins. I don't view the Racetech as being on the same level as these. Don't get me wrong though as the Racetech stuff is good.

Something is lurking, waiting, wanting to be built......It calls to me from the darkness....

I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel....Then I realize that it is the train coming to run my ass over....

Nick Howe
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Postby Nick Howe » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:05 pm

I feel you man, its like I tell my rice rocket friends, no matter how fast they are, the badges are still "toyota, honda, nissan," and not Lambourghini, Ferrari, or even BMW
You can dress up a dog like a lion, but its still a dog

-no disrespect to the ricers, mad props to your fab skillz, I had a 240sx that was held together with zip ties :thumbsup:
There are no small days.

cad600
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Postby cad600 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:23 pm

Well, it has been a while with the YZF750. I had to sell off the Ohlins front end. I'm still not over that. But some times ya got to do what ya got to do.

I got tired of the miss-matched body work and my plan was to paint it the entire time. So I finally got around to doing it. I thought I had developed a coolant leak or a blown head gasket so I dug into the bike a little but it turned out to be a small weep from a coolant line. That gave me ample time to paint. I used aircraft stripper to get the factory paint off the tank. There was bondo one one spot from the factory as the tank had not been repainted before I got it.

Anyways, here is a reminder of how it looked when I picked it up.

And here it is now.

Since I had to sell off the Ohlins, I wasn't going to go back to the original YZF calipers. They suck. So I did the R6 brake upgrade which also required some Duc rotors so I didn't have to shave down the pads.

Later.

Fzral86
Site Newbie

Postby Fzral86 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:16 pm

Nice work man.Good to see a neglected machine brought back to life.
Bike is a 91 fzr 1000 ru

Return to “YZF750”